By Paul Deitel
The pro programmer’s Deitel® consultant to phone and pill app improvement utilizing Android™ 6 and Android Studio Billions of apps were downloaded from Google Play™! This booklet promises every thing you want to commence constructing nice apps quick and getting them released on Google Play™. The ebook makes use of an app-driven approach–each new expertise is mentioned within the context of 8 absolutely coded and proven Android apps, entire with syntax shading, code highlighting, code walkthroughs and pattern outputs. Apps you’ll increase comprise:
- Welcome App
- Cannon video game
- Tip Calculator
- climate Viewer
- Flag Quiz
- Twitter® Searches
- deal with Book
Practical, Example-Rich insurance of:
- Android 6, Android Studio: Gradle™, Vector Asset Studio, subject Editor
- Material layout App Templates and Themes
- AppCompat Library, Android layout aid Library, RecyclerView, FloatingActionButton, TextInputLayout
- Material layout Elevation and Icons
- REST internet Services/JSON, Threading, SQLite™ Database, Android 6 Permissions
- Cursors, Loaders, ContentProviders
- Supporting a number of monitor Sizes/Resolutions
- Accessibility, Internationalization
- Activities, Fragments, Intents, Preferences
- GUIs, Layouts, Menus, source documents, occasions, Touch/Gesture Processing, photographs, Audio, images, Animation
- Immersive Mode, PrintHelper
- Google Play™ shop, App Publishing, Pricing, advertising, In-App ads, In-App Billing, digital items and more
- Download code examples
- For details on Deitel’s Dive Into® sequence programming education classes, stopover at www.deitel.com/training or write to email@example.com
- Follow the Deitels on Facebook® at facebook.com/DeitelFan, Twitter® at @deitel, Google+™ at google.com/+DeitelFan, LinkedIn® at bit.ly/DeitelLinkedIn, YouTube™ at youtube.com/DeitelTV
- Subscribe to the Deitel ® Buzz e-mail publication at www.deitel.com/newsletter/ subscribe.html
About This publication
The first-generation Android telephones have been published in October 2008. As of June 2015, Android had 82.8% of the worldwide phone industry percentage, in comparison to 13.9% for Apple and 2.6% for Microsoft (http:// www.idc.com/prodserv/smartphone-os-market-share.jsp). Billions of apps were downloaded from Google Play and multiple billion Android units have been shipped all over the world in 2014 (http://www.cnet.com/news/android-shipments-exceed- 1-billion-for-first-time-in-2014/). The possibilities for Android app builders are enormous.
This e-book offers modern computing applied sciences for pro software program builders. on the center of the booklet is the Deitel app-driven approach–concepts are awarded within the context of entire operating Android apps, instead of utilizing code snippets. The creation and app try drives in the beginning of every bankruptcy convey a number of pattern executions. The book’s resource code is accessible at http://www.deitel.com/books/AndroidFP3.
The apps during this booklet have been conscientiously designed to introduce you to key Android gains and APIs. You’ll fast examine every thing you must commence development Android apps–beginning with a test-drive of the end Calculator app in bankruptcy 1, then development one new app in each one of Chapters 2 via nine. by the point you achieve bankruptcy 10, you’ll have the ability to create your personal apps for submission to Google Play and different app marketplaces. You’ll grasp the Google Play submission method, together with importing your apps. You’ll come to a decision even if to promote your apps or provide them at no cost, and the right way to industry them through social media and monetize them with in-app advertisements, in-app billing, digital items and more.
Read or Download Android 6 for Programmers: An App-Driven Approach PDF
Similar tablets & e-readers books
Taking Your iPad to the Max, iOS five version is written in order that an individual can fast wake up to hurry on Apple’s most modern hit. As bloggers on the Unofficial Apple blog (TUAW. com), the authors have the satisfied privilege of operating with Apple items each day, and they will consultant you thru the entire perks of being an iPad proprietor with entry to all of the new and impressive good points in iOS five.
CSS enables you to create professional-looking web content, yet studying its finer issues may be tricky—even for pro net builders. This totally up-to-date version presents the main sleek and powerful information, methods, and tutorial-based guideline on CSS on hand this present day. tips on how to use new instruments resembling Flexbox and Sass to construct web content that glance nice and run speedy on any machine or cellular equipment.
Compiled via global- category leaders within the box of collaborative details retrieval and seek (CIS), this publication centres at the proposal that details looking isn't really regularly a solitary job and dealing in collaboration to accomplish information-seeking projects will be studied and supported. overlaying elements of theories, types, and functions the ebook is split in 3 parts:· top Practices and stories: offering an outline of present wisdom and cutting-edge within the box.
Automobile structure transforms how you create iOS person interfaces. As versatile because it is robust, car format provides unheard of keep watch over over your iOS consumer interfaces. yet automobile format has a name for hassle. In iOS vehicle structure Demystified, moment variation, world-renowned iOS developer and writer Erica Sadun strips away the confusion, assisting you achieve automobile format mastery the best way attainable: by way of instance.
- 4G Femtocells: Resource Allocation and Interference Management
- Beginning iPhone Development: Exploring the iPhone SDK
- Pro iOS Geo: Building Apps with Location Based Services
- Graphics and Animation on iOS: A Beginner's Guide to Core Graphics and Core Animation
- Emerging Technological Risk: Underpinning the Risk of Technology Innovation
Additional resources for Android 6 for Programmers: An App-Driven Approach
4. 5. jsp. com/news/android-shipments-exceed-1-billion-for-first-time-in2014/. html. com/articles/2013-05-29/behind-the-internet-of-things-isandroid-and-its-everywhere. com/mobile-app-forecast-calls-for-revenue-of-99billion-by-2019/. , games, communication, emulators, multimedia, security). Instructions for accessing Google’s sample apps for the Android platform; includes approximately 100 apps and games demonstrating various Android capabilities. GitHub allows you to share your apps and source code and contribute to others’ open-source projects.
S. S. D. in Mathematics from Boston University—he studied computing in each of these programs before they spun off Computer Science departments. , in 1991 with his son, Paul. The Deitels’ publications have earned international recognition, with translations published in Japanese, German, Russian, Spanish, French, Polish, Italian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Portuguese, Greek, Urdu and Turkish. Dr. Deitel has delivered hundreds of programming courses to corporate, academic, government and military clients.
Tap and hold the home button while inside any app and Google Now inspects what’s on the screen and presents relevant information in the form of cards. For example, in a text message discussing a movie, a card containing information about that movie is displayed. Similarly, in a text message mentioning a restaurant name, a card with the ratings, location and phone number appears. 0, a user was required at installation time to grant in advance all permissions that an app would ever need—this caused many people not to install certain apps.