By Sophus Reinert, Rosario Patalano
In this publication a few of the world's best economists and specialists on Serra discover the iconic allure of his 1613 Breve trattato.
Read Online or Download Antonio Serra and the Economics of Good Government PDF
Similar public finance books
The worldwide restoration from the inner most recession because the nice melancholy is less than approach, however it is still overly depending on macroeconomic coverage stimulus and has now not but controlled to seriously lessen excessive and protracted unemployment in lots of international locations. Going for development 2011 highlights the structural reforms had to repair long term development within the wake of the drawback.
Regardless of the good fortune of policymakers and the ecu vital financial institution in calming down monetary markets because the summer time of 2012, eu leaders are nonetheless dealing with bold demanding situations in making the one forex paintings in a posh surroundings. This ebook starts off with a assessment of the required components of a forex union and highlights the explanations why the method has run into its current issues.
Present debates approximately taxes are ruled through references to international versions. The members to this ebook discover how principles approximately taxation have been transferred among and inside of international locations from the mid-eighteenth century to the current. They ship out a note of warning to present policymakers searching for basic ideas from in another country.
- Egalitarian Perspectives: Essays in Philosophical Economics
- Trade and the Environment in General Equilibrium: Evidence from Developing Economies
- The Comparative Economics of Sport
- A Primer on Property Tax: Administration and Policy
- International Tax Evasion in the Global Information Age
- Financing government in the transition--Bulgaria: the political economy of tax policies, tax bases, and tax evasion
Extra resources for Antonio Serra and the Economics of Good Government
80. 35. , Rebelión y Resistencia en el Mundo Hispánico del Siglo XVII, Leuven: Leuven University Press, 1992. 36. , “The General Crisis of the Seventeenth Century”, in Trevor-Roper, The Crisis of the Seventeenth Century: Religion, the Reformation and Social Change, New York: Harper & Row, 1968, p. 46. The “General Crisis” is the subject of an enormous scholarly literature and debate. , “Crisis and Catastrophe: The Global Crisis of the Seventeenth Century Reconsidered”, American Historical Review 113, 2008, pp.
For de Santis, the Kingdom’s export commodities – essentially “silk, oil, many wines, saffron, wheat, wool, livestock and many other items” – were so vital The Cost of Empires 43 to the “life and well being” of people in “all other Italian cities”, that increases in their prices would not deter foreign demand. 11 According to balance of payment figures included in the Discorsi, the Kingdom enjoyed a trade surplus of almost five million écu, calculated as follows: the income transferred to foreigners amounted to “600,000 ducats per year”, and the “total cost of imports [amounted] to about the same” for a total of 1,200,000.
1865, p. 496: “He also had a prison built in the cellars under the castle and had all the prisoners that had been in the old Vicaria brought there in their hundreds, and all those that were incarcerated in the various prisons. He ordered that in this palace should be accommodated the president of the Supreme Court (Sacro Consiglio), and the officer in charge of the Sommaria, and the Regent of the Vicaria with a judge of criminal cases. This amalgamation proved 34 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13.