By William Wager Cooper, Lawrence M. Seiford, Kaoru Tone
Read Online or Download Data envelopment analysis: a comprehensive text with models, applications, references, and DEA-Solver software PDF
Similar software books
The sequence "Studies in Computational Intelligence" (SCI) publishes new advancements and advances within the quite a few parts of computational intelligence – quick and with a top quality. The reason is to hide the idea, purposes, and layout tools of computational intelligence, as embedded within the fields of engineering, laptop technological know-how, physics and existence technology, in addition to the methodologies in the back of them.
This publication constitutes the refereed complaints of the ninth IFIP WG 6. 1 convention on e-Business, e-Services and e-Society, held in Nancy, France, in September 2009. The 31 revised papers have been chosen from a number of submissions. They conceal a large and demanding number of matters in e-business, e-services and e-society, together with safeguard, belief, and privateness, moral and societal concerns, enterprise association, provision of providers as software program and software program as providers.
This Festschrift quantity, released in honor of Egon Börger, comprises 14 papers from a Dagstuhl Seminar, which was once geared up as a "Festkolloquium" at the celebration of his sixtieth birthday in could 2006. targeting utilized formal equipment, the quantity covers quite a lot of utilized learn, spanning from theoretical and methodological foundations to functional purposes of summary country Machines, B, and past, emphasizing common tools and instruments that, despite their applicational orientation, are nonetheless devoted to the precise of mathematical rigor.
The forty five contributions during this booklet contemplate all points of good judgment programming, together with thought and foundations; architectures and implementations; programming languages and method; databases; wisdom illustration, reasoning, and professional structures; and family members to different computation versions, programming languages, and programming methodologies.
- Software Process Improvement and Capability Determination: 15th International Conference, SPICE 2015, Gothenburg, Sweden, June 16-17, 2015. Proceedings
- Die heimliche Medienrevolution. Wie Weblogs, Wikis und freie Software die Welt verändern
- Managing Software Quality: A Measurement Framework for Assesment and Prediction
- Transactions on Aspect-Oriented Software Development IV
- Software Technologies for Embedded and Ubiquitous Systems: 6th IFIP WG 10.2 International Workshop, SEUS 2008, Anacarpi, Capri Island, Italy, October 1-3, 2008 Proceedings
Additional info for Data envelopment analysis: a comprehensive text with models, applications, references, and DEA-Solver software
1. Suggested Answer : Solutions to the first 2 problems involve treating nonlinear problems so we focus on this last problem. ” This solution is also optimal for the preceding problem with for Hospital B and for Hospital A. This reversal of efficiency ratings might lead to A responding by calculating his own best weights, and similarly for the other hospitals. A regulatory agency might then respond by going beyond such pairwise comparisons, in which case we could use an extension of the above approaches – to be described in succeeding chapters – which GENERAL DISCUSSION 17 effects such a “best rating” by considering all 12 hospitals simultaneously for each such evaluation.
Then, interpret your results. Suggestion: Be sure to normalize all results by dividing with the ratio for A, which is Notice that this division cancels all units of measure. ” 2. Assignment 2 The manager of Hospital B asks you to determine a set of weights which will improve its standing relative to A. 5 you could determine weights which bring B to a par with A by solving An easier route would be to solve the following problem. 16 DATA ENVELOPMENT ANALYSIS subject to with The choice of and should maximizes the ratio for Hospital B, so no better choice can be made from this manager’s standpoint.
We will analyze this problem later by using different DEA models. However, we assume that this line is effective in the range of interest and call it the constant returns-to-scale assumption. Compared with the best store B, the others are inefficient. 2. 4. 4 × 100% = 40% of B’s efficiency. , how to move them up to the efficient frontier. 3 can be improved in several ways. One is achieved by reducing the input (number of employees) to A1 with coordinates (1, 1) on the efficient frontier. Another is achieved by raising the output (sales in $100,000 units) up to Any point on the line segment offers a chance to effect the improvements in a manner which assumes that the input should not be increased and the output should not be decreased in making the store efficient.