By Luigi Boitani, Council of Europe
Read or Download Action Plan for the Conservation of Wolves in Europe PDF
Similar environmentalism books
Seeks to redraw the limits among the fields of geology and environmental philosophy.
The crises in our economy, our strength offer, and our weather are converging. fixing those crises calls for a primary switch in our body of reference—a decisive shift now not rather a lot in know-how as in method. within the jump, award-winning journalist Chris Turner offers a box consultant to creating the bounce from our present process of power offer and intake to a sustainable version that succeeds around the socioeconomic spectrum.
The Blue, the grey, and the fairway is one among just a handful of books to use an environmental historical past method of the Civil struggle. This e-book explores how nature—disease, weather, wildlife, and different factors—affected the battle and likewise how the struggle formed american citizens’ perceptions, knowing, and use of nature.
In 2006, Julianne Lutz Warren (née Newton) requested readers to rediscover one among history’s most famous conservationists. Aldo Leopold’s Odyssey used to be hailed by means of the recent York instances as a “biography of ideas,” making “us think the lack of what may have A Sand County Almanac by way of displaying us in authoritative element what led as much as it.
- On the Origin of Beauty: Ecophilosophy in the Light of Traditional Wisdom
- Seeing the Forest and the Trees: Human-Environment Interactions in Forest Ecosystems
- Lehrbuch der Bodenkunde
- International Handbook on Social Policy and the Environment
- Devoted to Nature: The Religious Roots of American Environmentalism
Extra resources for Action Plan for the Conservation of Wolves in Europe
C. The decision should be made after a period of observation following the return of the wolf in a new area, and after a period of testing prevention systems. d. The decision should be made according to the identification of areas of planned wolf presence. 4. ) is essential to be able to manage the problem of conflicts effectively. In fact, the competent persons will have to be able to compare the costs of damages with those of possible removal, and verify the effectiveness of the ordinary or extraordinary measures of prevention and compensation adopted.
As clearly pointed out by the “Guidelines for Action Plans for Animal Species” Recommendation No. 59/1997 of the Standing Committee to the Bern Convention), local involvement is best achieved through a public participation program. This programme includes a management board, which is involved in the planning process. A. The idea is that people support decisions they helped make. It will ensure that the planning process is responsive to local conditions and can help to generate new ideas through the input of specific know-how.
7. Monitoring When a new conservation strategy is implemented, especially one that is based on a philosophy of active intervention and multi-level co-ordination, one of the most essential programmes that has to be put into place is a plan for monitoring the state of the environmental components and the positive and negative aspects of the strategy’s application. Monitoring is essential for evaluating the progress of the new course, for adjusting and correcting erroneous actions, and for suggesting new ones.